Translate

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

The Book of Ruth: Finding #Love The Biblical Way {The importance of loving yourself part III: Walking in Love}

Previous Post: ”The importance of loving yourself part II”

I am a romantic at heart. No, I am not a romance novelist. However, every book that I have written has a romantic element. I am a fan of love. I love seeing happy couples together and cringe when I see unhappy couples tolerating one another—I see that a lot. When I read the book of Ruth, I was fascinated. They actually dated in biblical times. Who knew? Seriously, I read it and I want to share what I learned. I don’t know how long this series will last, but I will keep going until it is done.
I don’t have anything against psychiatrists. I think that they are smart people and they are a in a much needed profession. But let me tell you something that you would probably spend two-hundred dollars an hour to learn. Something that you could have found in Galatians 5:24-26.

See, if your mind believes one thing and your body does another, it will cause conflict deep within your very being. In order for you to end this conflict, you need to find harmony between your mind and your body. It is a simple concept. Who can look both left and right at the same time? If you look left while walking to the right—never finding a harmony between the two movements—you are destined to walk off a cliff or right into a tree. So if your mind is saying that you love yourself and your body is doing things that say otherwise, it will show in your daily life. So what is said in Galatians applies to all of us. If you love yourself, you will walk, talk and act like you love yourself. You don’t have to lord it over anyone, but you will definitely have to live it.
Before we move on, a thought about being single.

You may or may not be called to be single. I am not called to be single, so I have difficulty recognizing others who are called for that purpose. I will say that I know that it is a blessing to be single, even if you are not called to be single.
I spent quite a bit of my single life, enjoying it. Enjoying the moments to myself. Enjoying dating, for me it was an adventure and it didn’t always end well, I cherished the moments. I also looked at singleness as the perfect time to mature, work on my personal relationship with the creator and grow as a person. This doesn’t end after you get married, but it is different. Once you are married, you will have someone to be there for you when you stumble. 

But regardless, the Ruth in you or the Boaz in you, while single, should be active in every aspect of your life. You should purposely seek your significant other without making the search the center of your life.
Please don’t forget that, making the search for a partner your idol will only end in disaster….

Next, we will answer the question: “Is Boaz the kind of person you want?” That is a legitimate question. It may be that the reason you don’t have a Boaz type in your life, is because you don’t really want a Boaz in your life. Consciously or subconsciously, you do not want the life or the blessings of Ruth. In order to understand if this is the case, we will look at the man named Boaz.

Next: = Who is Boaz? ~Part I

 

No comments:

Post a Comment