Translate

Saturday, November 2, 2013

The Chronicles of Free & Stryker {The Date Episode 2 of 2}

In the year 2304, sentient androids enslaved mankind, as well as many other humanoids throughout the galaxy. Over the centuries, pockets of resistance rose to oppose them. These are the chronicles of one such team, who even in the face of impossible odds, fight to free the galaxy.

Vira re-calculated the probability of success, ten percent. She cursed. As for all species in the known universe, date three was a critical point in a relationship and at this point, Vira had little hope. Ten percent wasn’t much better than zero percent.

As they flew through space, she realized that the meteor shower was the source of the space flight cancellation. A storm that Free’s subspace field allowed him to pass through as if it was a passing rain. She imagined being in his arms decades, may be even centuries from the moment. After all, even a droid could dream.

Once on the surface, she tried desperately to fix her helmet hair. Somehow, the radiation had flattened her curls. Disgusted, she dropped the probability counter.

Free put his space suit away and grabbed Vira’s hand.

She gasped.

“What’s wrong?”

She composed herself. “I am shocked that you would hold my hand.” Honesty was the best policy.

He let her hand go. “Sorry.”

She frowned. “No.” She grabbed his hand. “I do not mind. I just want you to want to do it. Free…I want you to feel what I feel….” She let his hand go. “Now that we are on the same team, I know that things can get awkward. If you do not want a relationship…. I understand. I know how you feel about my people—and even though, I would never enslave another living being. When people see me, they only see my distant relatives. That or some plastic doll, without feelings or emotions. Anyway. It’s just that if you see me that way, please don’t tell me. I don’t want—”

Free grabbed her in the small of her back and pulled her close. Without her heels, she had to stand on her toes and kiss him. The back of her neck and upper back felt hot, electricity bounced from her spine to every appendage of her body. He released her. “I guess I can be hard to read. I don’t believe in PDA on a duty station. And I am probably as romantic as a rock. But I like you a lot. If I didn’t I would have never came. Okay?”

“Okay.”

“So, now that we are here? What do you want to do?”

Vira smiled big. She kissed him again, held it for as long as logic would allow and pulled back. “The theme park.”

Free smiled. “Haven’t been to a theme park in decades.”

She heard a youthful joy in his voice. She didn’t need her probability counter anymore. The mission was a success.

The End.





You can buy my adult scifi novel Hearteless: A Journey to Second Earth @amazon or here.


For email updates, please click HERE and feel free to leave a message.
Also, feel free to comment below and follow me on Google and Twitter @ Frank_D_Rogers


No comments:

Post a Comment