Translate

Saturday, November 16, 2013

The Book of Ruth: Finding #Love the Biblical Way {I think I got his/her attention…now what?~Part 1}


Previous Post: How to gain confidence

I am a romantic at heart. No, I am not a romance novelist. However, every book that I have written has a romantic element. I am a fan of love. I love seeing happy couples together and cringe when I see unhappy couples tolerating one another—I see that a lot. When I read the book of Ruth, I was fascinated. They actually dated in biblical times. Who knew? Seriously, I read it and I want to share what I learned. I don’t know how long this series will last, but I will keep going until it is done.

Okay, you got his attention. Good. Your love interest is asking you what movies you like. Don’t panic, just be honest with him. Ruth did not play games and neither should you. Games are for children and you are an adult. If you feel that you have to play games, then this is not the relationship for you.

If you just like to play games, then I am not sure why you are reading this blog.

Ruth did little to hide her attentions toward Boaz. She was up front. Moreover, she was honest and that is important. It sets the tone for your relationship, if you are up front with one another in the beginning. You will be up front with one another ten years from now.

However, whatever you do, don’t walk in desperation. We are designed to be loved and when we don’t have the love we want, it is hard not to behave in a desperate manner. But desperate behavior is the opposite of confident behavior in most cases.  Over-eagerness will push anyone away. Confidence will attract most people.

 Just remember desperation repulses. Confidence attracts.

Think about something that most good people accept: when you are in a relationship, everybody wants to date you. However, when you are single, no one notices you. Why is that? Because when you are in a relationship, you are less desperate.

So in short, move forward in confidence.
 Next time: Act like a lady, think like a—oh, just be yourself!

Please, feel free to comment below and follow me on Google and Twitter @ Frank_D_Rogers. For more information about my debut Sci-fi novel, click Here.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment