Translate

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

The Book of Ruth: Finding #Love The Biblical Way {Finding Boaz Part II}

Previous Post:  ”Why take an active role in finding Boaz.”

I am a romantic at heart. No, I am not a romance novelist. However, every book that I have written has a romantic element. I am a fan of love. I love seeing happy couples together and cringe when I see unhappy couples tolerating one another—I see that a lot. When I read the book of Ruth, I was fascinated. They actually dated in biblical times. Who knew? Seriously, I read it and I want to share what I learned. I don’t know how long this series will last, but I will keep going until it is done.

Today we are looking at some of things you will need to do to find Boaz.

If we look at Ruth, as far as we know initially, she didn’t search for Boaz. It took some coaxing on Naomi’s part—not unlike what I am doing here.

Ruth eventually went to the place where she would find her future husband—in the field. Fortunately you don’t have to start a garden or work in one to find your other half, but the idea is the same. If you want to meet Boaz, you will have to go to the place where he would be. Boaz is a creature of habit, no two Boaz-types are alike, but they will share some similarities.

Boaz will be a working man. So the work place is not a bad choice, but of course you will need to be careful. Some employers have an issue with office romance and even I don’t think office romance is a great idea. The young version of me wouldn’t care. But the older version of me, recognize how important it is to have peace at the work place.

Could you imagine if you date/work with some insecure fool and you broke it off? Every day would be a Monday.

But if there is something speaking to your heart and you feel that something is right. Then go for it. I would rather make a mistake and learn from it, then never try and always wonder….

At any rate, Boaz was a working man, but he was also a well versed man. He knew the law of his people and was very knowledgeable of the running of his farm. He was also curious and informed. For the modern Boaz that translates into a person of intelligence. In addition to knowing a great deal about the word of God, Boaz had knowledge of the law and his occupation.

Why is this important?

Well, chances are you will have to go where a man who knows a great deal about God and is knowledgeable. You may have to try new things, and that can be absolutely fun. In fact, that is the way you should view your dating journey. No matter what happens, you won’t have any regrets. Be daring and have faith.

People have been told that having faith is like walking off a cliff. Basically something only an insane person would do. But it is nothing like that. A person who has a particularly good severance pay has what you would call a golden parachute. They could literally take high risk actions that produced high rewards. But the risk to them is the job loss, but the severance pay guarantees a huge payout.

But as a person of faith, you have an automatic spiritual parachute. You KNOW that even if you fall, you have a spiritual parachute right there to catch you and lift you up higher. So why not try?

Next post: Insecurities   

No comments:

Post a Comment