Translate

Thursday, September 19, 2013

The Book of Ruth: Finding #Love The Biblical Way {Who is Boaz, Part II}

Previous Post: ”Who is Boaz, Part I”

I am a romantic at heart. No, I am not a romance novelist. However, every book that I have written has a romantic element. I am a fan of love. I love seeing happy couples together and cringe when I see unhappy couples tolerating one another—I see that a lot. When I read the book of Ruth, I was fascinated. They actually dated in biblical times. Who knew? Seriously, I read it and I want to share what I learned. I don’t know how long this series will last, but I will keep going until it is done.

There is a certain population of women who are healers at heart. Then there are those who have no desire to heal others. They are damaged.  Therefore, they are trying to heal themselves. They have hole where their heart used to be and they are trying to fill it with something bad for them. Instead of chocolate cake, which can leave you with a toothache and a little extra weight, they go for the bad boy who can leave them with heartache and a little extra weight. Actually, they can leave you with a lot more. It is a choice that women may want to reconsider. Does anyone actually know a good girl that married a bad boy and lived happily ever after? Soap operas not included.

There is one more benefit to a bad boy that most women will not admit. Bad boys have lower standards. You don’t have to be a good person; you don’t have to go to church. You don’t have to avoid weed. A bad boy is going to want you for the shallowest of reasons. Moreover, you are fine with that, because you feel that what is outside of you, is more marketable than what is inside of you. Eh, I can’t really blame anyone for thinking that way. The world tells us that every day, but that is not the truth.

Don’t misunderstand. Physical, financial, physical…more emphasis on the physical has a place in every relationship. The Boaz type has physical desires too. If he does not, then he needs to get that checked. However, if you approach him thinking that your lack of true virtue is going to fly, than you have another thing coming.

A Boaz type will go out of their way to avoid getting involved with the wrong person. The Boaz type is even careful about his friends. He chooses them. They DO NOT choose him.

Not so, with the Bad Boy, his friends choose him all the time. He will find something useful that they can do no matter who they are. That is the direct benefit of the Bad Boy; they are like certain credit cards. They will just accept anyone. Unless, that person has nothing to offer anymore, you know after the thrill is gone or if it was never there in the first place.

One last thing on the Bad Boy.

The Bad Boy doesn’t necessarily have all bad traits. In fact, some of the traits that are in the bad boy, every man need to have in some form or another. We will revisit this idea later. However, for the next post, we will look at the Bad Girl, reformed or not. What do you do, if Boaz doesn’t want you?

Next Post: What if Boaz doesn't want you

No comments:

Post a Comment