Translate

Thursday, September 26, 2013

The Book of Ruth: Finding #Love The Biblical Way {Boaz, the good man}

Previous Post:  ”What if you don’t want Boaz”

I am a romantic at heart. No, I am not a romance novelist. However, every book that I have written has a romantic element. I am a fan of love. I love seeing happy couples together and cringe when I see unhappy couples tolerating one another—I see that a lot. When I read the book of Ruth, I was fascinated. They actually dated in biblical times. Who knew? Seriously, I read it and I want to share what I learned. I don’t know how long this series will last, but I will keep going until it is done.

Personas are aspects of our personality that allows us to function in today’s society. Most people fear the word, because no one wants to be associated with being a fake. But it is a fact that how a person behaves with their teacher is different than how they behave with their lover—or at least it better be.

The bad boy and good guy persona exists in every man. In order to be a good man, there has to be a balance or a merger. A good man is as complete as he can possibly be, and a complete man will have an aggressive side.

Women expect their men to do aggressive things like protect them. She expects him to be adventurous and passionate. She expects him to be particularly passionate and adventurous when it comes to her. Even after she has pledged herself to him and him to her, she still wants to feel like she is being chased. This will translate to every facet of their relationship. For example, she may want him to order out for her when they go out to dinner. (Guys, I don’t’ completely understand why any woman would want a man to order for her, I have no clue. I know for a fact that they can order for themselves.)

Now the nice guy may need his Ruth to help him embrace his necessary aggressive tendencies. And yes it is possible for the overly aggressive guy to be influenced by Ruth to the point that he is more in touch with the side of him that wants to be a gentlemen.  But I haven’t seen the latter end well.

Now you may wonder how was Boaz aggressive. Look, you don’t become a man of wealth and power without having an aggressive side. Even if Boaz inherited all he had, he would still need to behave aggressively to keep it. The moment he made sure that Ruth was protected while she provided food for her family, was the moment Ruth saw his aggressiveness. That was the Bad Boy in Boaz. “You mess with Ruth and you mess with me,” was essentially the message that he sent to all of his workers.

So, if you meet a nice guy, give him a chance. He may surprise you. You may learn to love his sense of adventure. Your last boyfriend was passionate about motorcycles, but this one is passionate about computers. Guess which one has a better chance of emulating the late great Steve Jobs….

If he lacks aggression, maybe your influence will teach him to stand his ground. If you are a guy and you are reading this, recognize that the best thing you can do is find a good balance between your passive and aggressive nature. 

Next: Finding Boaz

However, I like to write fiction, so it will be necessary for me to interrupt the Book of Ruth series to insert a flash fiction series. The Book of Ruth will be on hiatus and in it's place, Stryker and Free will post. 

No comments:

Post a Comment